Community Sustainability Proposal
Local government leaders have asked you to provide information and recommendations for increasing sustainability in the community.
Perform an initial search to learn about green initiatives for a city in your area.
Create a 5- to 8-slide PowerPoint® presentation or Write a 350- to 525-word proposal to your local government.
Include the following:
- A summary of green initiatives for a city in your area.
- Recommendations to your local government for creating a greener, more sustainable and livable community.
- The proposal should include recommendations both for actions by the local government and by individual homeowners.
- Explain how implementing these recommendations would promote sustainability and improve like for residents.
Include appropriate images.
Include a list of the sources you use.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
- For Local Campus students, these are oral presentations accompanied by Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations with notes similar to what you would present orally.
Environmental Analysis Presentation
Perform an analysis of an environmental issue.
Prepare a 5- to 8-slide PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes. If you first discuss options with your faculty member, you are also welcome to use a tool such as “Voice Thread” to add audio to your presentation.
Include the following:
- A description of an environmental issue including the cause of the issue and its effects on the environment and people.
- An explanation of how economics and personal lifestyle choice are involved in this issue.
- An explanation of how individuals, communities, and/or governments are working to address the environmental issue.
- Your opinion as to whether the issue is being adequately addressed and suggestions of ways it could be better addressed.
Include at least 2 outside resources for your presentation.
Format your presentation according to APA guidelines.
- For Local Campus students, these are 10- to 15-minute oral presentations accompanied by Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations with notes.