Based on the knowledge you have gained through the readings in this module, answer the Module Review Questions listed below. These questions were chosen to demonstrate your understanding and help you assess your progress.
- Perform a SWOT analysis on your ability to master the content of this course. Examine your knowledge, skills and required effort.
- Why is any NPV for a project that is greater than zero good?
- What is the main benefit of using a weighted scoring model?
- Identify and discuss what the first step of project portfolio management is and what value it brings to managing projects as a portfolio.
- Create a weighted scoring model to determine which project to select. Assume the criteria are cost, strategic value, risk, and financials. After you select either Project (1, 2 or 3), explain why you did not select the other two projects. Weights of 15%, 40%, 20%, 25% respectively. Project 1 values are 60, 65, 75, 50; Project values are 90, 50, 60, 70; Project 3 values are 90, 80, 70, 60. Use this to create your weighted scoring model.
This course reqiures 3 sources.
Schwalbe, Kathy. (2013). An introduction to project management. (4e) Minneapolis, Minnesota: Kathy Schwalbe, LLC. As one of them