In this assignment, you will submit your completed operations improvement plan. Your final OIP should be divided into five basic components:
- Process identification.
- Process improvement.
- Defining the problem statement.
- Measurement strategy.
- Data collection and evaluation tools.
. Your completed OIP should include the following elements:
- A problem statement, including an overview of the Toyota recall crisis, with a brief history and description of the situation.
- A description of the key challenge or problem you have chosen to address in Toyota’s organizational processes, and an analysis of its organizational impact, based on theories and models of global operations management.
- An executive summary of the collected and processed data, including actual data, if possible, or assumed data, if necessary.
- A cost-benefit analysis based on your data.
- A description of your innovative and sustainable solution that reflects strategic global operations management concepts and practices.
- Your recommendations for supporting the improvement of the selected process, based on practices of global operations management.
- An explanation of the data or findings that validates your recommendations.
- The visuals, diagrams, and flowcharts you have developed to support and integrate your analysis into general business management planning and decision-making processes.
- A conclusion.
- A comprehensive reference list