In this week, you will complete an annotated bibliography for a position paper that will be due in Week 5. For more information on the required format of the bibliography please click on annotated bibliography template. Choosing what area you would like to study in addictions begins with examining the following areas related to the course competencies:
- Major psychological theories and principles in the field of addictions
- Historical link to modern issues and trends in the field of addictions
- Current and evolving trends in the field of addictions
- Nature of geographic, social, cognitive, and emotional factors in the development, course, and duration of addictions
- Differences in patterns of addiction in the context of gender and developmental issues
- Illegal and legal substance use issues regarding physical, social, and psychological effects
- Impact of treatment and prevention methods on the incidence, course, and duration of addictive behaviors
Use this as a guide when choosing research articles.
Note: This is a course on psychology. Therefore, the research should relate to addictions but from a psychological perspective and less on purely the medical issues related to the disorders and conditions.
Choose any three of the topics mentioned above. Using the South University Online Library database (ProQuest or EBSCOHOST), find two journal articles related to each of the topic areas chosen. You need to research articles located in scholarly journals. Scholarly journal articles are also referred as primary source peer reviewed articles. You should not use web pages, magazines, newspapers, textbooks, and other books for this assignment. Also, research articles that were published within the last five or six years.
Based on your research, create a 4- to 5-page document in Microsoft Word that includes:
- A summary for each of the journal articles found.
- An analysis and evaluation for each of the journal articles found.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.