For your Final Project, you may write a paper or create a PowerPoint presentation.
- If you choose to write a paper, it must be four to five pages in length, plus a title page and reference list, formatted according to APA style.
- If you choose to create a PowerPoint project, it must be 12 to 15 slides, plus a title slide and a reference slide, formatted according to APA style.
- Please note that whether you choose to write a paper or create a PowerPoint presentation, you must properly cite your sources according to APA style.
To complete this project
- Choose from one of the topics below and analyze its history from 1877 to the present.
- Select four specific events or developments that span the years covered by this course, based on their impact on the topic. Two of the events must be from before 1945 and two events must be from after 1945. You must assess how the events in relationship to the topic changed over time and explain how the changes occurred. Please refer back to your Week Three Assignment, consider your instructor’s comments and make any necessary revisions.
- Write an introduction with a thesis. Your thesis should summarize the main conclusions that you discovered while researching your topic and that you will support with a logical argument based on evidence (sources). Please refer back to your Week Three Assignment, consider your instructor’s comments, and make any necessary revisions to your thesis statement.
- Connect each of the events or developments you have chosen back to your main thesis. The information presented must be organized and in chronological order.
- You must use at least four sources in your paper other than the textbook, with at least two primary sources and at least two secondary sources. Please refer back to your Week Three Assignment, consider your instructor’s comments, and make any necessary revisions.
MY TOPIC IS NATIVE AMERICANS, I HAVE FOCUSED THE WHOLE COURSE ON NATIVE AMERICANS. I HAVE THE TWO PRIMARY SOURCES AND THE TWO SECONDARY SOURCES. YOU WOULD JUST HAVE TO READ ALL THE SOURCES AND WRITE FROM THEM OR CITE REFERENCES IN THE POWER POINT PRESENTATION IF IT IS POWERPOINT YOU CHOOSE TO DO.
Writing the Final Project
The Final Project:
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of project
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least four scholarly resources other than the textbook, including a minimum of two primary sources. Your secondary sources must come from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources, including images, in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
If you choose to create a PowerPoint presentation, you should use visual elements to contribute to your explanation of the topic. PowerPoint presentations should avoid plagiarism and have proper APA citations for all source material either in the note section at the bottom of each slide, or on the last slide of the show indicating sources for each slide. The final slide must be a correctly formatted reference list containing all of your sources. You may use non-scholarly sources for your images, but not for the text of the presentation. Make sure to pay attention to color and style.