Two examples of social psychology focused studies are:
A study that researches the impact of public awareness ad campaigns on public attitudes toward the severely mental ill
A study comparing types school administrator response to reports of bullying and victims’ willingness to report instances of bullying to their parents.
The following information is required for your proposal. In your post, please place the heading My Research Proposal over this portion for ease of everyone being able to distinguish between the above and your actual proposal:
1. Proposed study’s topic and focus
2. Hypothesis (can be in a form of question or stating the Ho and Ha)
3. Participants (also sometimes referred to as “subjects”)
4. Proposed sampling method
5. Data gathering method
6. Method of analysis (The type of statistics you would use to analyze gathered data; not stats formula details, but which stats you would use).
7. An explanation of your study’s contribution/s to the field (the benefits to individuals, group’s and society as a whole of the study results. Example: Using the first hypothetical social psychology study above, if we find that public awareness ads are associated with improved changes in attitudes toward the severely mentally ill might we use such study results as a means of advocating for Federal funding for expanding advertizing efforts; or if study results show no to little association between ads and public attitude changes, might we better serve the severely ill by pursuing other means of reducing stigma?