POWERPOINT: Community Services
For this assignment, complete and submit a PowerPoint presentation on the selected agency/organization. Apply the theories covered in the readings of this course to analyze the institution. Include the following in your presentation:
- Identify the agency/organization and describe its mission statement.
- Describe the role or position of the human services professional interviewed.
- List and describe the range or types of services the agency/organization provides.
- Describe the population the agency/organization serves and explain the broader social needs and issues that affect this population.
- Describe how the agency/organization is staffed and its funding sources.
- Recommend training for staff based on analysis of information. Make sure you address ethical standards specific to the population/s they serve.
- Focusing on the population of clients served at the agency/organization, describe what you have learned about how those clients are influenced or affected by events and decisions at 1) the selected agency/organization, 2) your local community, 3) national or global society.
- Explain whether you would want to work at the agency and, if yes, the position you would like to hold and why.
- Describe what you have learned about yourself in the context of completing this assignment (your preconceptions, experiences, and insights about certain populations, services, or agencies).
- Use the PowerPoint notes feature to include comprehensive speaker notes for your presentation. Include your references on one slide. Include graphs and tables where appropriate.
Develop an 8–10-slide presentation in PowerPoint format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Additional Information will be provided upon handshake.