In this assignment, use the information from the previous unit’s Individual Project to create an expanded worksheet with a summary area and a chart showing this summary area.
- Open your submitted Unit 4 IP assignment that should be labeled as “(your last name_your first name)_U4 Expense Report 2.xlsx,” and save it as “(your last name_your first name)_U5 Expense Report 3.xlsx” in your working folder on your computer.
- In this exercise, you are going to create a chart showing the expenses in the categories listed below. You first need to calculate the data in a summary section of your spreadsheet. The data in the summary section will be used to create the chart.
- First, in cells O16–O21, enter the following labels (headers): “Summary,” “Travel,” “Meals,” “Entertain,” “Phone,” and “Other.” Do not include the quotes when entering the labels in your worksheet.
- Cells P17–P21 will hold the data you will calculate to get the total expense for each category. For example, if you went on a business trip, you would need to enter the amount you spent on travel in one cell, the amount you spent on meals in another cell, and so on. Then, you would use the Sum function to get a total of your expenses for the trip. Put the totals for each category next to the labels you have created. These formulas go in cells P17–P21.
- For Travel, include expenses for Ground, Air, Lodging, and Mileage $. Be sure to only include dollars in your formula. Enter the formula in cell P17.
- For Meals, include expenses for Brkfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Enter the formula in cell P18.
- Do the same for Entertain, Phone, and Other. If a category does not require the addition of one or more totals, do not use Sum or any other built-in functions. Use cell references for the data rather than entering the actual amount for each category.
- Finally, in cell P22, enter a function to show the total of cells P17–P21.
- After selecting the range O17–P21, create a pie chart to show the graphical representation of the expenses, using the figure below as a guide.
- Move the chart on its own chart sheet named “Pie Chart.” Include category names and percentages for data labels on your chart. Using the O17: P21 range will include your data labels and the data series to be charted.
- Add line callouts as shown in the figure. (Click the Insert menu and then the Shapes icon)
- Travel consists of Air + Ground + Lodging + Mileage $.
- Meals consist of Brkfast + Lunch + Dinner.
- Rename the sheet tab for the data spreadsheet as “Expense Report.”
- Save your final report as “(your last name_your first name)_U5 Expense Report 4.xlsx” (e.g., Doe_John_U5 Expense Report 4.xlsx).
- Submit your report.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.