Personality: Inherited or Determined?
Psychologists have often asked themselves, which is the main factor that determines personality: is personality genetically inherited or developed gradually through experience in the social environment? This is a central question in the study of personality. In this assignment, you will argue whether it is genetic factors, environmental factors or a combination of both that determines personality.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
In a paper of 1,000– 1,250 words, argue whether it is genetics, environment, or a combination of both that determines personality Include the following in your paper:
- A summary of the arguments for genetics, environment, or a combination of both as the determinant of personality.
- An evaluation of these arguments that culminates in the statement of a position on the issue.
A summary of the arguments for genetics, environment, or both as a determinant of personality is thoroughly presented with rich detail and includes a discussion of all necessary elements.
An evaluation of the arguments on the issue is present, thorough, and well-detailed. The position statement is present and well supported with current and/or seminal research.
All required elements are present. Scholarly research sources are topic-related, and obtained from highly respected, professional, original sources.
Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
All format elements are correct.
In-text citations and a reference page are complete and correct. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.