The purpose of this Assignment is to give you an opportunity to examine the practical aspects of the field of speech and language development. Using the interview you began in Unit 3, your own Internet search from Unit 8, and the PowerPoint presentations you read in Discussion of this unit, you should have information to answer the questions listed in Interview Questions for Unit 9 Assignment which is linked here and also posted in DocSharing.
In a 6–8-page APA formatted essay (not including the title and resource page), discuss your interviewee’s answers to the questions as they relate to the theories, concepts, and theorists you have learned about in this class. After reviewing the theoretical views in Chapter 3 (behaviorist, nativist, cognitive, information processing, and social interactionist) discuss from what viewpoint you think your interview approaches working with children with language impairments and why you position your interviewee here. If you were doing this work, what perspective would be most useful to you and why?
Note: Your paper must be your original work; plagiarism will not be tolerated. Be sure to review the Syllabus in terms of what constitutes plagiarism.
Submitting your Assignment
Put your Assignment in a Word document. Save it in a location and with a name that you will remember. When you are ready to submit it, click on the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says “Submit an Assignment.”
- In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit 9: Assignment.
- In the “Comments” field, include at least the title of your Assignment.
- Click the “Add Attachments” button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
- To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.
- Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted Assignment