An important skill that health care informatics associates must possess is the ability to utilize technology to support accurate and timely reimbursement processes. For this assignment, explore the Web site for American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) at http://www.amia.org.
Then, in a 2-3 page paper, evaluate and summarize the following information that AMIA provides on its Web site:
- Authority (such as president, author[s], staff)
- Mission, purposes, and history – What is the mission of AMIA? From what you read about AMIA, what more can you infer about what motivates and guides the organization’s actions?
- Bylaws and policies
- Contributions to general knowledge regarding informatics
- Publications available – What are some of the current issues and challenges in Informatics?
- Accuracy/Integrity – Who edits or reviews the information? Are references provided? How current is the information?
- Objectivity or point of view
- Membership requirements/cost
- Value of becoming a member – Would you consider becoming a member? Why or why not?
Remember that your information must be supported with citations from the AMIA Web site