Consider IKEA’s mission and strategy from the perspective of its potential, prospective, and present customers.
Once you’re reasonably clear on what’s involved, think about your organization and its customers/clients/users/service recipients/whatever-you-wish-to-call-them, and then:
- Identify at least three objectives for the organization’s customer service perspective and show how they relate to the mission, vision and strategy of the organization.
- For each objective, develop at least one meaningful performance measure (metric).
- For each objective, identify at least one expected level of performance (target).
- For each objective, identify at least one new action or program that needs to be developed to ensure successful implementation of the organization’s strategy (initiative).
- Comment briefly on the relationships of the customer service objectives that you’ve identified here to the financial objectives that you identified in the Module 1 assignment. How do they help to fulfill those objectives? If they don’t (and they don’t have to), what makes them more important than objectives that would relate to finances?
- Finally, do you wish to make any changes to your Module 1 objective write-up in light of your Module 2 experience?