For this assignment you will create a PowerPoint presentation for your clients (classmates) to present the results of your project. Your project does not have to be finished for your team to present. The content of your presentation will include the material up to the date of the presentation. You will also be required to share a copy of your presentation with your classmates.
The objective of this assignment is to demonstrate your ability at presenting and justifying your recommendations. It is critical to be able to clearly communicate the rationale and justifications of your recommendations.
If you were to present in person you would have 15 minutes. Plan your presentation with that timing in mind.
Note. The instructor’s evaluation will account for 5% of the total mark. Your classmates will have to provide feedback and their evaluation will account for 5% as well. The final score will be the average of the instructor’s evaluation and your classmates’ average. Classmates are asked to submit their evaluation thru the Assignment Tool.
Your presentation should include the following:
- Agenda (Introduction)
- What you have worked on thus far
- Decisions and justifications
- The presentation must include both an audio and visual component – very similar to an ‘in person’ presentation. Scripting the text of the audio will help with recording later. To include the audio, one team member shall add the narration after the other team members have designed and combined the slides.
- The PowerPoint presentation must have slides that automatically advance in sync with the narration.
- The presentation may be a maximum of 15 minutes. You will need to be selective as to the content you present.
- All team members must contribute in some way to the presentation in order to earn the points for the group work.
- Consult the marking rubric to make sure that you have covered all requirements.
Submit the presentation (PowerPoint slides) to the instructor via the Assignment feature of
Blackboard by the date listed on the Course Calendar. As well, upload your presentation to the Discussion board in Blackboard entitled Team Presentations.
You are expected to view all of your fellow classmates’ presentations that have been posted on the Discussion Board. Using the scoring rubric and by answering the questions below, you will comment and provide feedback on each presentation.
- Is their presentation convincing? Why or why not?
- Does it include adequate justification for the recommendations provided?
- If you were the client, what other questions would you have for the consultant? Would you be satisfied with the work? Would the proposed compensation system be satisfactory?
You will submit your feedback and evaluation thru the Assignment Tool by the date listed on the Course Calendar. Failure to submit feedback will result in a 5% loss of your total mark