Given the information in the table above, calculate the following:
- Profit margin on sales
- Return on assets
- Return on equity
- Total debt to total assets
- Total asset turnover
Explain and evaluate your results as they pertain to profitability, debt, and asset turnover for the company over a three-year period.
Part Two: Final Project Week 4: Issues and Interests of Investors and Other Stakeholders; Analysis of Company Performance
- Identify two items or issues that cannot be derived from the financial statements of the two companies that you selected for your research (two companies are; Norwegian Air Shuttle and Cimber Sterling Airline Company). Explain why these items or issues would be of concern to investors and other stakeholders. In your rationale, address the specific interests of the different users of financial statements.
- Compare and contrast the two companies in terms of how well or how poorly they are performing in the areas of profit, debt, and asset turnover. Use appropriate ratios in your analysis. Indicate strategies for possible improvement in each area.
- By Tuesday, December 8, 2015, submit your answers to the questions in Part One, using an MS Excel document, to the W4: Assignment 2 Dropbox. Use good form, and show all your calculations and conclusions.
Name your document SU_FIN4060_W4_A2_Part1_LastName_FirstInitial
- By Tuesday, December 8, 2015, address the issues for the Final Project, Week 2 outlined in Part Two, using an MS Excel document. Show all your calculations and conclusions. Submit your document to the W4: Assignment 2 Dropbox. Use good form, and cite all sources using APA format.
Name your document SU_FIN4060_W4_A2_Part2_LastName_FirstInitial