The author discusses the primary types of mixed methods designs (Convergent Parallel Mixed Methods, Explanatory Sequential Mixed Methods, and Exploratory Sequential Mixed Methods). Paying particular attention to Figure 10.1 & 10.2 (I have included these in the attached document), examine this methodology as it pertains to research in criminal justice. Consider the key components, as well as major strengths and weaknesses, of the primary types of mixed methods design.
In your paper
- Identify the major components of mixed methods research design.
- Analyze the major strengths and weaknesses of mixed methods research design.
- Examine the use of such data by criminal justice agencies.
- Must use at least three peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style