1) Please respond to the following:
- Suppose you are opening a shoe manufacturing firm that is going to begin selling shoes (your choice of shoe type: tennis shoes, men’s or women’s dress shoes, boots, etc.) in your previously chosen country. Using the demographic breakdown of your chosen country, choose at least one (1) demographic that you will segment by and identify a minimum of two (2) target markets. Summarize the key reasons why you choose those particular demographic(s) and target markets.
2) You will use your chosen country (from the Discussions) for this Assignment. In addition to the country, you will reference the shoe manufacturing firm (introduced in the Discussions).
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you analyze the following components of your chosen country:
- Describe the political / financial background of your country, including relevant historical events.
- What kind of government does it have?
- What is the political stability?
- Is it open for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)?
- Has the currency been relatively stable?
- Analyze the general demographics.
- Identify the ethnic groups; the languages spoken; the population demographic breakdown by age and gender.
- What is the population growth rate?
- What are the major urban areas and their population sizes?
- Examine the employment figures.
- Identify the education attainment; employment; unemployment; and labor force size.
- Explain the current state of the economy.
- What is the GDP and the GDP per capita using Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)?
- Identify the inflation rate and current exchange rate.
- Examine the major industries and transportation data.
- Identify any major imports, exports, and trade restrictions.
- Identify three (3) major direct competitors you will be competing against. Describe how your firm will be positioned against them.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources for in-text citations in this assignment. Note that Wikipedia and similar type websites do not qualify as academic sources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the considerations for product adaptation in foreign markets and common approaches to adjusting promotional strategy to fit foreign markets.
- Examine the process for market research to assess foreign market potential.
- Determine the logistics and product distribution channel options available to support international marketing.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international marketing.
- Write clearly and concisely about international marketing using proper writing mechanics.