You have been relocated by your employer to a new city for an assignment that will probably last for two years. You do not want to sell your home – a four-bedroom, two-bath Tudor – so you decide to rent it. A friend of yours in real estate has a potential lessee for you to meet. He is a 30-something single doctor beginning a two-year residency in the local hospital. You have some concerns about a single guy living in your house and taking care of it the way you would, but you agree to meet with him and possibly negotiate a lease. You must address the following:
- Describe the interested parties and their prospective goals in this negotiation.
- Analyze the parties’ dependencies and motivations and propose four options in this negotiation so that all parties’ goals are met.
- Discusses a bargaining behavior of a skilled negotiator that would be most advantageous to you in this negotiation.
- Explains why collaboration is the only bargaining style applicable to this negotiation, and identify the collaborative goals.
- Identify if any of the participants entered the negotiations with a cognitive bias. Discuss the implications.
The House for Rent paper:
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to SPA style as outlined in the Ash ford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three to four scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in SPA style as outlined in the Ash ford Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to SPA style as outlined in the Ash ford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.