- Identify and describe two possible behavioral disorders one might consider as DSM diagnoses. Make sure you support those choices with specific symptoms observed in the vignettes.
- Compare and contrast the two diagnoses and select one that you consider as the most appropriate DSM diagnosis. Explain why one is more likely than the other.
- After reviewing recent research studies, readings in your textbook, and other academic sources, provide a thorough description of the following:
- The symptoms required for a diagnosis of that disorder
- At least two possible causes of that disorder, incorporating at least one developmental factor and at least one multicultural factor that may be involved in the cause(s) of the disorder
- At least three of the most effective treatments available for that disorder
- At least one controversy, cultural bias, or ethical issue related to treatments available for that disorder
- At least one controversy, cultural bias, or ethical issue related to the practice of diagnosis or “labeling” children, in general
Write an 8–10-page paper in Word format. Add an APA style title page and references page and cite your sources according to current APA standards. Cite information from at least two academic sources to support your ideas. These may include your textbook, and/or peer-reviewed research articles from the AUO library.
Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources, and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.