The reflection papers will be graded based on the following criteria: adherence to topic guidelines; clarity and conciseness of expression (having an introduction, middle, and a conclusion to the paper); effective use of examples; and correct grammar, spelling, and formatting (see below), APA Style, Reference page
The formatting must include the following:
- 7 pages typed, including a cover page with your name, title of paper, date, class, and section number (this means there needs to be 5 typed page for content at least, and one cover page, and one page of references in addition to that)
- Points will be taken off for papers longer than 5 pages of content.
- You have to underline or bold all of the concepts used in your paper.
- Double-spaced, 12-point font, Times New Roman, 1 inch margins on all four sides
- Need to be submitted as a hard copy, IN CLASS. NO EXCEPTIONS
- You need to use at least 3 citations (book, or article (no web sources)
- You need to provide a reference page
- You need to abide by APA style
Reflection Paper Instructions:
Think about your perfect relationship and describe all aspects of it in regards to at least 6 of the chapters and/or topics we talked about including: dating, marriage, expectations, commitment, parenting, communication, violence, sexuality etc. Or you can talk about the current relationship you are in, and explain how this relationship is perfect.
You will explain:
- How would your perfect relationship look like at the very beginning (before you decided to even be in an exclusive relationship) (where you met, who asked who out? Who pays for the meals? Open doors? Talk every day? Having the “define the relationship “talk”, and many more similar details) ,
- When you are dating (how do you communicate, sexuality, decision making, communication, power, conflict, etc.)
- Once you took the relationship to a serious place (who is going to work, how does parenting look? How do you communicate? Is it ok to be violent at times? etc.).
For this assignment you need to think about your expectations from the other person as well as what you are ready to bring to the relationship. I encourage you to make subtitles for each topic (remember to use at least 6) you are covering and be as thorough and detailed as you can. Remember to apply as much of the information you learned in class to this paper. In a way, you are showing me off how much you know J This is supposed to be a fun paper where you explore your ideal scenario by applying all the knowledge that you acquired in this class. So, your paper’s structure can look like the following:
- Beginning of the relationship:
- Love/Infatuation or dating ( is this a homogamous relationship, heterogamous relationship), refer to expectations etc.
- Sexuality etc…
- Power/Violence etc.?