Major dams and bridges were built by the WPA during the “New Deal” of President Franklin Roosevelt in the 1930s and 1940s and have withstood decades. The American Interstate Highway system came into being during the Eisenhower presidential years over 60 years ago. Sewers were built several generations ago. In more exact terms, the United States’ infrastructure system is old and beginning to rapidly deteriorate. How do you feel about the aging of United States’ infrastructure? Explain.
- How would you recommend a strategy to repair or replace the various aging critical infrastructure? Explain.
- What major challenges or barriers exist? Explain.
- How do you think they could be overcome?
- What types of technologies can be used in determining weaknesses in the integrity of infrastructure construction? Explain.
- In your opinion, are these technologies effective? Why or why not?
- How often do you think critical components should be inspected for weaknesses and vulnerabilities? Explain your rationale