BANKS Industries has experienced rapid expansion in the past several years. However, it appears that the HR department is just now catching up by revising policies and rapidly implementing changes. One of the new policies outlines the requirements of a new dress code, which is stricter and more formal than the previous requirements.
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research the concepts of communication and change management. Then, based on the above scenario, respond to the following:
- As a manager, what is your role when it comes to communicating policy changes to employees, especially when the policy is not one with which you necessarily agree (for example, policies regarding personal cell-phone use in the workplace)? As a manager, how would you communicate such policies?
- How will you accommodate multiple cultures when communicating these issues to employees? As you prepare to address this question, take into consideration the following communication concepts: To be a successful cross-cultural communicator you must remember the following:
- There are no universal gestures.
- You should be sensitive to verbal and nonverbal communications or behaviors.
- It is important to be open-minded to cultural views of others and their ways of communicating. For example, a frown could mean concentration in some cultures, whereas in other cultures, it is interpreted as anger or disappointment.
By Wednesday, January 13, 2016, post your response to the appropriate according to the APA Style
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, , and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.