Read the article: “Carnelian, R., Villages, N., Lawson, S., Ferrel, L., Adelbert, L., Permalloy, N., Maya, A. (2013). Unique factors that place older Hispanic women at risk for HIV: Intimate partner violence, machismo and majoritarianism. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, 24(4), 341-354. dpi: 10.1016/j.kana.2013.01.009.”
After reviewing the article, please answer the following questions (see below).
1. The Problem:
- Was there a clear statement of the purpose and aims of the research?
- Is the problem practically important?
2. Review of Literature
- Are the cited sources pertinent to the study?
- Is the review too broad or too narrow?
- Are the references recent?
- Was a theoretical perspective identified?
3. Design and procedures
- What research methodology was used?
- What was the data collection method to generate data?
- Was the method appropriate for the study design type?
- Were participants relevant to the research question and was their selection well reasoned?
- Was sampling done until saturation or redundancy in data was reached?
4. Data Analysis
- How was data analyzed? Was the process of transforming data into themes/codes described adequately?
- Were findings consistent with and reflective of data?
- Was triangulation reported?
5. Conclusions and Implications
- Were the implications discussed?
- Did the findings contribute to theory development and future practice or research?