The project goal is to analyze the market and nonmarket environment of a company and its industry. The company you select should be one on which sufficient information is available. You should approach this research as if the company you select to research is a potential candidate for a merger. The procedures for the study are as follows:
Remember that you are primarily considering the market and nonmarket environment of the company that you select.
- Determine how and where you will secure this information.
- Collect, prepare, and analyze the data.
- Prepare a written or PowerPoint presentation.
- provided here is a suggested range of topics that should be considered for the presentation:
- Industry composition, including information on concentration.
- Geographic dispersion and industry growth—past, present, and future.
- Competition within the industry and profitability ranges within the industry.
- Nonmarket issues that affect the industry and company.
- How the company is addressing nonmarket issues contrasted with how the industry as a whole is addressing?