Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Case Study 1: Disaster Recovery
Due Week 2
Read the following articles, located below:
- “Managing in a Post-9/11, Post Katrina World: An Introduction to a Disaster-recovery Planning for Technical Communicators”
- “Recovering from Database Recovery: Case Studies and the Lessons They Teach”
Note: Include these two (2) articles in your references section. These two (2) articles do not count towards the required number of references.
After reading these articles, consider the following:
- The need for an organization to have a Disaster Recovery Plan.
- How the attacks of September 11, 2001 affected Barclay’s Capital and Putman Investments.
- Whether or not Barclay’s Capital and / or Putman Investments had a disaster recovery plan. If so, what were the parts of the plan that allowed each of them to continue operations? If not, what should a disaster recovery plan have included in order to continue operations?
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Identify the steps an organization should take to recover from a disaster and resume the business operations to normal mode.
- Suggest two (2) methods that organizations can use in order to mitigate the risk of data loss.
- Suggest two (2) methods that organizations can use in order to minimize the impact on personnel after a disaster.
- Examine both Barclay’s Capital’s and Putman Investments’ situations on September 11, 2001. Determine two (2) factors that contributed to a successful disaster recovery and two (2) factors that hindered a successful disaster recovery for each organization.
- Use at least three (3) quality references in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the challenges of computer security, including different threats and types of attacks.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in Cryptography.
- Write clearly and concisely about Cryptography using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.