The Portfolio Project is designed to require you to expand your understanding of Things Fall Apart by combining knowledge and application of content with your own interpretation and judgment. For the Portfolio Project, you will write a research paper about Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart, supplementing your own interpretation with information from three to five other sources. Your interpretation of this novel should reflect an international perspective.
Do not Reuse past Homework Answers!! Plagerism free papers only.
Essay Formatting Requirements:
- 5-7 pages.
- Minimum of three sources (excluding the novel) in APA Format
- Double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Your final paper will be graded not only based on content but also based upon the quality of your writing, syntax, and grammar.
- Finally, you will take the particular research question that you are developing as the thesis of your Portfolio Project and contextualize it in such a way as to convey an international or multicultural understanding of the novel. For example, if you are developing a cultural analysis of the novel, you would need to answer, as a part of your research thesis, how one culture develops in direct competition against the emergence of another foreign culture. Or, if you are developing a feminist analysis, you would need to answer, as a part of your research question, how one culture’s treatment of women changes when confronted by another culture’s differing attitude toward women. Or, if you were doing a direct compare/contrast analysis, you would need to directly compare specific aspects of one culture against another culture.
- In other words, any critical perspective from which you frame your thesis and overall paper needs to convey a sharper international or multicultural understanding of the novel and should be reflected in your outline and reference list.