You must use 3 different citations, 1 being the National Retaile Federation website. The other 2 are your choice. Remember 3 different resources must be used.
Answer the following in detailed, well thought out and factual statements. At the end you will have the opportunity to write what “You believe or You feel”. The majority of the paper is pure facts.
The retail industry has termed the Friday after Thanksgiving as Black Friday, the day many companies plan enough sales to generate sales that will bring them out of the red.
However the consumer has become more diligent and smarter and has realized that it is not always advantageous to shop on such a hectic day.
There is also cyber Monday, the Monday after Thanksgiving that many on-line retailers generate promotions for added sales. You assignment is to choose 1 product, it can be a product that you are interested in yourself or that you may want to buy someone for Christmas.
Watch the product closely over the holiday weekend and track it’s selling history. Answer the following questions.
1. How many people were expected to shop on Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Small Business Saturday? 3 separted answers
2. How many people according to resources actually shopped on Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Small Business Saturday? 3 separate answers
3. Where were the majority of sales generated on the above 3 days? Stores, On-line, be specific with specifics
4. What were the sales generated on the above three days? Daily sales , not per store overall
5. The product that you chose to follow, Did the prices fluctuate(change) on those 3 days? If so how give specifics, if not why don’t you think the price fluctuated?
6. Based on the information that you gained and compare to what is being said do you believe that sales for the holiday season will be greater than or smaller than what was predicted by the National Retail Federation?