According to the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO), the four core components of knowledge management are:
- Governance: The leadership that commits to an organizational structure capable of managing the knowledge.
- Content: The quantity and quality of the data and information that is managed.
- Processes: The standards and guidelines that will be used to collect, manage, and disseminate information.
- Technology: The system supporting the other three components.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research and read the article, “Rhode Island HEALTH Web Data Query System: Death Certificate Module” (Gjelsvik & Monteiro, 2009).
Click here to read the article. http://rimed.org/medhealthri/2009-01/2009-01-32.pdf
Gjelsvik, A., & Monteiro, K. (2009). Rhode Island HEALTH web data query system:
Death certificate module. Health by Numbers, 92(1), 32-33.
Based on your reading, create a 5- to 6-page document in Microsoft Word, which includes the answers to the following questions:
- What is the “Rhode Island HEALTH Web Data Query System: Death Certificate Module?” Briefly describe the system’s purpose and how it came about.
- Which organizations are involved in its governance? Provide a list and description of each organization.
- What information can be found using this system? What are the advantages and limitations, if any, to the information that is available?
- How is the information collected, managed, and retrieved?
- What are the technological components or services that this system relies on? Why?
Conduct a query using one of the programs on this site.
Describe your query and then provide the results you obtained using this system.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
Please talk about the four core components (governance, content, processes, and technology) in the first part of the paper.
Also use headings when transitioning from one section to the next.