Consider the story of Laura Sardina presented at the beginning of Chapter 8 when responding to this week’s Discussion.
- How is Laura’s behavior indicative of role confusion as discussed by Erik Erikson’s model of psychosocial development?
- How are her peer relationships affecting her decisions?
- What risks might she be exposed to as a result of her life choices?
this discussion number 2 and it need refence two
Scenario: Dalman and Lei have decided to meet a venture capital group in New York to discuss the possibility of internal expansion of Sandwich Blitz, Inc., and to find out if acceptable financing can be arranged. Dalman has always been the one who could voice the Sandwich Blitz vision. He has usually been the visible “voice” for the company while Lei has usually worked behind the scenes to handle financial matters. They are both worried in this situation. Dalman is afraid that he lacks the financial background to satisfy these financiers. Lei is afraid that she might not have the marketing skills needed to convince this group of the unique capabilities of Sandwich Blitz.
Refer to your unit readings, particularly the section about leading and managing. Then address the following questions.
- In your judgment, what is Sandwich Blitz more in need of in this situation: a manager or a leader?
- What is the difference between the two?
- How would you resolve this dilemma if you were Dalman or Lei?