Interview a customer service professional about their business.
Write a 1050- to 1400-word write-up in which you summarize and reflect on your interview.
Consider asking some of the following questions in your interview:
- How does the company currently measure customer satisfaction?
- What are the problems with measuring customer satisfaction with that method?
- Does the company have a formal customer retention program? An informal program? How well do they work?
- How can technology improve customer service?
- What experiences do customers share when they call your company’s customer service number?
- What technological elements do you consider to be the most important in building customer loyalty?
- How can your web site make the customer service experience more enjoyable or user-friendly?
- Has your web site improved customer satisfaction, retention, and loyalty?
- What percentage of your customers still prefers a live representative on the phone or to come to the company in person?
- What, if any, emerging trends is the company exploring for customer service? How will the company harness those trends?