Workplace Expectations 150 words
- How do you know what is expected of you at work?
- Discuss five expectations you feel are important for your position and describe who could be negatively affected should you not meeting those expectations.
- What are the best ways to communicate your expected performance and what method is used to evaluate your work?
- What does excellence look like in your current role?
For this assignment you will be asked to consider workplace violence–its prevention and management. It seems that we are living in an age of increasing violence in our society and sometimes that violence spills over into the workplace in one way or another. For example, employees can bring violent attitudes and behaviors into the workplace, or they themselves may be the victims of violence. The damage done by the first type of employee can be catastrophic. The damage done by the second type of employee can be more subtle. Victims of domestic abuse tend to come in late, leave early or miss work altogether. They may experience emotional distress so debilitating that they are unable to perform their jobs, often leading to termination of employment (Al-Modallal et al., 2012).
Write a 2-3+ page paper and explore what factors contributed to violence in the workplace within the past three years.
- Define workplace violence
- What type of strategies or interventions should HR management adopt to protect employees while at work?