Watch the “Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy” video found in this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. You do not need to watch the entire video. At a minimum, watch from the 33-minute mark until the 51- minute mark.
Write a 1,400- to 2,100-word paper about information-giving responses and the characteristics of interview phases. Include examples from the video that demonstrate the following topics:
- The counselor’s nonverbal and verbal skills
- Did certain questions or comments create a change in nonverbal or verbal actions for the clients?
- What open- and closed-ended questions did the counselor use?
- What techniques did the counselor use to paraphrase and summarize the words of the clients? Was this effective?
- How did the counselor apply the information-giving responses?
- Identify the exploration, clarification, and action stages of the interview.
- What are examples of reflective feeling?
- How did the counselor encourage the clients to self-disclose? Was she successful?
- Provide your thoughts on the overall interview structure. Was it a comfortable setting? How could it be improved?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.