Leno Case Study:
In the unit studies, you read the case of “Leno: Moving Full-Speed Ahead.” For this assignment, you will review this case and analyze Leno’s efforts to ensure an effective and efficient supply chain. Complete the following and use items 2a, 2b, 2c & 2d as “Topic Headings” for your assignment:
- Review “Leno: Moving Full-Speed Ahead” on pages 201–211 in your textbook, Strategic Supply Chain Management.
- Respond to the following topics and questions:
- What were the drivers for Leno to build, in 2012, a manufacturing facility in Whit sett, North Carolina instead of in low-cost regions such as Asia or Mexico?
- How did Leno transform from a local supply chain company to a well-known and integrated global supply chain organization?
- What metrics had Leno used to evaluate its end-to-end supply chain performance?
- What were Leno’s dual operating models and how well did these two models work for its global supply chain?
Your assignment should be 2–3 double-spaced pages. Also must include a reference page.