You work in the admissions office of a prestigious private college. You are responsible for reviewing paper copies of incoming college applications for the Summer 2016 semester and determining the next step in the application process based on set criteria. For each of the following 5 scenarios, write a paragraph detailing the steps you would take to process the respective applications, and if necessary, why you would choose that decision path.
To be deemed complete, an application packet must contain the following:
- Signed and dated application form which must also contain the individual’s full name, current address, social security number, gender, race, telephone number, and email address;
- Check or money order for the application processing fee in the amount of $95.00;
- Stamped receipt date on the application (for the summer semester, the deadline is October 1, 2015) and the mailing envelope reflecting the postmark;
- Certified high school transcript detailing classes and the student’s GPA (minimum 3.0);
- Double spaced, typed essay using standard one inch margins and Arial 11 font and font size – not to exceed two pages; and
- Three personal references.
There are four decision paths from which you may choose to process an application.
- Level One – All requirements are met, and the application is ready for standard review
- Level Two – Minor, easily obtainable information is missing, such as an email address or a zip code
Level Three – Major omission(s) in the application packet or failed to follow directions requiring the packet to be returned in its entirety or the application was receivAssignment
This week, reflect upon your own personal ethical development and any professional application of ethics you may have made thus far in your career.
Prepare a discussion entry that addresses the following:
- How comfortable do you feel with your personal code of ethics? Would you describe your personal code of ethics as fixed, flexible, or still in the process of development? Why?
- What do you already know about the ethical code in psychology?
- How have you already faced ethical scenarios in your work? How comfortable were you in dealing with them?
- How will you ensure you adhere to the academic integrity policies throughout your coursework at NCU? Why is it important to do so?
Length: 300-500 words
Your discussion should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to the topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be careful to adhere to Northcentral’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Post your discussion in the discussion field below.
- ed after the deadline
- Level Four – All information is present; however, extenuating circumstances require review by a supervisor
All communication with the applicants and all steps in the application review process must be logged and date stamped. Although the college mandates a paper application process, electronic communication is allowed, and you are empowered to communicate with and obtain minor information from the applicants. It is the admissions office practice to assist applicants as much as possible to create a large applicant pool from which to choose new enrollees.
- An application from Devon Foster was received on September 12, 2015. Devon’s application packet is complete except the application form does not contain a gender identifier.
- Amanda Steven’s application packet is complete, but it was received on October 3, 2015. The envelope was postmarked August 19, 2015 which matches the signature date on the application form. Further review of the envelope, reveals that although the address was correct, the U.S. Postal Service misrouted the envelope to Alaska, thereby causing a considerable delay in transit.
- Cassidy Trammel hand delivered her application on August 30, 2015, and all required items are present. Her essay is 1¾ pages in length, single spaced.
- Justin Anderson’s unsigned application was received on September 15, 2015 along with an application fee of $75.00. All other information is complete and correct.
- Jeremy Castor’s application was received on July 28, 2015. His application packet is complete; however, Jeremy’s GPA is listed as 2.9. He attended a well-known and regarded science and technology magnet school, and his transcript reveals a rigorous class load of primarily AP classes, as opposed to the standard high school classes.