For your initial post, you will consider the skills and information covered in the class and draft a letter addressed to fellow students who have the same major as you, explaining the importance of effective writing and research across multiple platforms and modalities (from e-mails to essays, blog posts to social media posts) for your chosen profession or field.
Your letter will address 3 primary topics, each with a dedicated section, and it should include examples and details in each section that address the unique audience and purposes for each scenario. Answer the following:
- How can developing and using effective writing and research skills further your educational and academic goals?
- How can developing and using effective writing and research skills advance your professional and career goals?
- How can developing and using effective writing and research skills enrich your personal life?
Finally, your post must follow a formal letter format using this template. Please copy and paste your letter directly; do not post it as an attachment.
Respond to 2 classmates. In your responses to your classmates, remember to be constructive and polite. Use the following questions to assist you with your responses:
- What about the student’s vision of how writing is important seems useful or interesting?
- Which scenarios or situations seem the most relevant to you?
- Which modality is the most important to master?