Effective communication skills are essential in the workplace. Some businesses invest in training their employees on how to effectively communicate, because effective communication skills go beyond conversations. Employees must know how to express business issues effectively when writing reports and emails. Understanding the benefits of effective communication helps businesses to develop a workforce that is able to communicate effectively with coworkers, customers, and suppliers and increase productivity.
Write a one to two (1-2) page paper in which you:
- Describe a time when you experienced effective communication in a business environment.
- Discuss at least three (3) reasons why you perceived the communication to be effective, and explain the resulting impact to the business.
Your assignment should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Your assignment should follow these formatting requirements:
Page One (1):
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
Pages Two (2) and Three (3):
- Write a paragraph introducing a time when you experienced effective communication in a business environment.
- Write three paragraphs that each discuss one reason why you perceived the communication to be effective. Be sure to explain the resulting impact to the business.
- Write a paragraph concluding your assignment that restates the main idea of your assignment by reminding your reader why this topic is important.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the elements that foster effective communication in business.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business.
- Write clearly and concisely about business issues using proper writing mechanics.