Assignment: Finance and Operations: This week we look at finance and operations, and apply a bit of quantitative analysis to the effort.
Your assignment this week is to analyze current financial ratios for a given business.
- Think of a specific business you find interesting, i.e. Apple, UTC, Southwest Airlines, etc.
- Search the web for that business’ “Financial Statement”. (You will find many hits for the data.)
- Select the “Bloomberg” site offering your company’s financial statement.
- Once at the site you will find a box highlighted in blue termed “Ratios”. Click on that box.
- You will now see a number of financial ratios for your company. Below is an example for Apple.
- Now, define the following ratios, note the ratio for your business, and explain what the ratio means for the business moving forward:
- a) Return on Assets
- b) Return on Equity
- c) Return on Capital
- d) Gross Margin
- e) SG&A Margin
- f) Current Ratio
- g) Quick Ratio
- h) Total Debt/Equity
- i) Total Revenue
- j) Gross Profit
There is not a minimum page length requirement on this assignment, but it needs to be in proper APA format supported by research.
Here is another website that provides ratios is http://www.morningstar.com/