The purpose of this assignment is to help you understand and think critically about the agency in which you have your field internship, its place within a field of practice, its organizational purpose, structure, and function and, particularly, the specific program or service unit to which you are assigned. It is designed to help you get a beginning “feel” for what it is like to be a worker with a client in your agency or program.
- Follow the outline precisely.
- Be brief and factual in your answers.
- Use agency charts where possible, e.g., budget, organizational chart for staffing pattern. Do not insert charts in lieu of the narrative presentation. If a chart is not available, you may create one to summarize the information.
- Use the latest available data, e.g. annual report.
- Locate key people who will help you find the information for this assignment and interview them.
- 5 pages, excluding charts. Use APA format.