This individual project will provide you with the opportunity to act as an Organizational Behavior Consultant. You will identify a recent (or current) organizational problem/issue faced by a real-world organization within the past three years. You will explain why the problem/issue is problematic and how it negatively impacts the effectiveness of the organization. Then, you will propose a course of action by applying key principles, concepts, and theories of organizational behavior. Finally, you will recommend follow-up actions (evaluations) for the organization to assess whether or not the problem/issue has been resolved.
Remember that the primary focus of this research project is on your analysis of the problem/issue using organizational behavior principles, concepts, and theories, as well as your recommendation(s) for improving organizational effectiveness. You should not simply provide an historical account of a problem/issue and the organization’s solution. In fact, your recommendation(s) for addressing the problem/issue may or may not align with the organization’s previous (or proposed) course of action.
For this activity, use your research project outline and instructor feedback to develop a research paper , which incorporates the following
- Description of your selected organization, including its history, mission, values, structure, services/goods, culture, leadership, industry, or other information (as applicable)
- Description and analysis of a recent (or current) organizational problem/issue using organizational behavior principles, concepts, and theories
- Recommended action(s) for eliminating or changing the problem/issue to improve organizational effectiveness
- Follow-up action(s) for evaluating the decision(s), assuming your recommendation(s) are accepted
- References (include a minimum of three credible resources)
Your research project submission should be 7 pages in length (not including title and reference pages). Your assignment must follow APA style guidelines, using Times New Roman, 12-point font, double spaced, with one inch margins