Survey research is a common method to collect data in a research project.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, select a public health issue or topic you feel needs to be addressed in your community. Based on your research, respond to the following regarding the public health issue you selected:
- Explain why it is important to address your selected public health issue in your community.
- Define the purpose statement for the public health issue or topic you feel needs to be addressed in your community.
- Develop at least two research questions you would like to answer as a result of your research.
- Design a survey that could be used to measure:
- The dependent variable (also known as a response variable)
- The independent variable (typically the variable that is manipulated by the researcher)
- Explain or predict the dependent variable you will seek to measure based on your research questions.
- Explain how each question relates to the variables defined.