Write a 4–6-page essay that addresses three key concepts related to the philosophical and historical development of modern science.
This assessment allows you to demonstrate your understanding of the philosophy of science.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Describe the historical development of the humanities from the pre-historic era to the present.
- Describe the influence of philosophical reasoning on the development of modern science.
- Competency 2: Examine the forms of expression that instantiate the arts and humanities.
- Distinguish intrinsic from instrumental goods in human thought.
- Explain the use of scientific reason in an effort to control the natural world.
- Competency 3: Integrate the humanities with everyday life.
- Assess the role of philosophy and science in contemporary life.
- Competency 4: Communicate effectively in forms appropriate to the humanities.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.