Select a specific time period from this week’s readings: colonial Latin America, 19th-century postcolonial Latin America, or present-day Latin America.Consider specific events of the selected time period with respect to the following:
- Gender and ethnicity
- Access to power
- Economic stratification
- The ability of groups to be a part of the social structure and effect change
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that addresses Latin American social structure in your selected time period.
- Contrast the types of hierarchical social structures found in Latin American in the time period selected.
- Explain the relationship between at least one economic and gender or ethnicity indicator in Latin America.
- Explain how socioeconomic conditions prompted the changes in social structures.
- Describe the differences between peaceful and violent changes in Latin American social structures.
- Compare Latin American attitudes to similar social systems elsewhere at the time.
- Describethe interplay of gender, ethnicity, and economic standing as a force in social change.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.