Each answer to the question has to be 100 words in length. State the question then the answer. Its from the book by John V. York Missions in the age of the Spirit and also the bible. Books needed are the ones mentioned.
1. Summarize three points from the Foreword by Dr. Byron Klause.
2. Summarize York?s threefold definition of mission Dei. How does York plan to prove what the mission of God is?
3. Explain the missions significance of the following for Genesis 1:26-27, Genesis 12:3, Exodus 19:5-6, Numbers 11:26-29
4. Explain the missiological importance of the following Joshua 3, Judges 8:23 and 2 Samuel 7:11-19.
5. Explain how York relates each of the five Wisdom books to the theme of God?s mission.
6. Relate the following passages to mission Dei: Isaiah 49:6, Jeremiah 31:31-33, Joel 2:28-29, Amos 9:11-12 and Jonah 4: 9-11.
7. How do the teachings of Jesus relate to mission Dei? Give five examples.
8. Describe the missiological significance of the following: Acts 1:8, 2:4,2:39,7 and 22:21.
9. How do the following passages relate to God?s missionary concern? Romans 10:9-15, Romans 15: verses 21, 24 and 30, 2 Corinthians 5:19-20, 2 Corinthians 8 and 9, Galatians 3:8,16.
10. How 1 Peter 2:9 and Revelation 1:6 relate to the promise of Exodus 19:5-6?
11. Answer at least four of Kenneth Scott Latourette?s seven questions for Period 1, from the early church to A.D. 500.
12. How did the way Christianity spread in Period 2, A. D. 500-1500, affect itself and the environment?
13. Summarize how each of the following Period 3, A.D. 1500-2000, relates to missions. The Reformation, The Enlightenment, The Ecumenical Movement, Evangelicalism, Pentecostalism.
14. Discuss three observations York makes about carrying the cross (Mark 10:29-30;Matthew 19:16-30;Luke 18:18-30).
15. Comment on the way York relates mission Dei to each of the following: The Spirit baptism in relation to salvation, The Spirit baptism in Acts, The purpose of the Spirit baptism and The Spirit baptism in relation to speaking tongues.
16. Discuss how each of the following benefits of devotions applies to the believer?s life: A biblical worldview, An anchor, Growth in worship, Intercession, shared vision and Teaching material.
17. Discuss each of the following keys to having devotions: See devotions as loving God, Become an insider, Have a daily schedule, keep a journal and note milestones.
18. Explain six keys for a strong missionary work ethic.
19. Analyze at least six attitudes in the keys to becoming a bicultural missionary. Include language learning as one of these keys.
20. Explain the emphasis on church planting in missio dei and how starting new churches relates to all other ministries.