Focus of the Final Paper
For the final paper you will examine key concepts of leadership either in your place of work or in a social organization to which you may belong that has leadership concepts (Rotary club, athletic team, scout leader, etc). In the paper you will include the following:
â€¢ Apply one of the leadership theories from the course text to the organization. Explain how the theory works, including an example.
â€¢ Explain the effect of power and influence on followers that the leader of the organization has. Are the followers receptive? Would you recommend another strategy? Explain. If not, why not?
â€¢ Evaluate the role and effectiveness of transformational and transactional leadership in the organization. Support with examples.
â€¢ Assess the traits and characteristics of an effective team leader within the organization.
â€¢ Explain how the leadership supports vision, mission, and strategy in the organization.
â€¢ If you were the leader in the organization, what would you change and why?
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Studentâ€™s name
o Course name and number
o Instructorâ€™s name
o Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least three scholarly sources (other than the text), including a minimum of one from the Ashford Online Library.