Explain, illustrate, and debate some of these critiques of corporate codes of ethics:
1) Though attempting to bring about conformity, a corporate code of ethics may instead bring about a conspiracy of silence and an unwillingness to criticize the ethical operations of a business by lower level employees.
2) Members of a corporation may simply pay lip service to the corporate code of ethics but ignores it in practice. In fact, codes of ethics may be cynically used to promote an image of corporate ethical responsibility that has little to do with the actual practices engaged in by the business.
3) Ethical responsibility is reduced to mere conformity with a code of ethics.
4) Ethics becomes “domesticated” to serve corporate agendas.
5) In response to enforced conformity, employees may voice dissent or even exit the organization.