The final assignment for the course is a Final Paper on two cases. The Final Paper should demonstrate understanding of the reading as well as the implications of new knowledge. The paper should be at least 10 pages in length and integrate readings, scholarly references, and course discussions into work and life experiences. It may include an explanation and examples from previous experiences as well as implications for future applications.
Read the case study at the end of Chapter 12 and the case study at the end of Chapter 13, and thoroughly answer all the following questions. Supplement your answers with scholarly research using the Ashford Online Library. Each case study should be addressed in at least 5 pages, resulting in a combined Final Paper of at least 10 pages.
- Create a master production schedule for the breadmaker in the case that considers production levels, demand for the product, and the best business strategy for the situation presented.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of Jack’s approach, considering how master scheduling can improve the process, and considering the organizational changes needed to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Examine the impact of refusing a customer’s order because of lack of supply of the product vs. accepting the order and failing to deliver.
- Describe the impact on average inventory levels and production if Realco produces 20,000 breadmakers every week, rather than 40,000 every other week.
- Chapter 13 Case Study: Supply-Chain Challenges in Post-Earthquake Japan.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of the supply chain used in the Japanese auto industry before the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.
- Evaluate whether or not Toyota’s plan for a “foolproof” supply chain is consistent with the Lean production philosophy.
- Provide a recommendation and plan that you believe would be the best supply chain strategy for Toyota.
Examine the impact Toyota’s plan will have on the way it handles relationship management in its supply chain.
The Final Paper:
- Must be at least 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that tells the reader what will be covered in the paper.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that tells the reader what was learned from reading the paper.
- Must use at least five professional resources, including a minimum of two from Ashford Online Library in addition to the text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center