- Review the chapters in the Saldaña text.
- Review the Introduction to Coding and From Content to Coding media programs in the Learning Resources.
- Refer back to your observational field notes from Weeks 1–4 Scholars of Change videos.
- From the remaining videos, choose a different Scholars of Change video and refer to your notes from your observation for this Discussion.
- Access the transcript you downloaded for the media program of the Scholars of Change video you selected for this Discussion.
- Begin to code the transcript and the observational field notes of the Scholar of Change video you chose. (Note: You will only need one or two codes for this Discussion, although more are acceptable.)
Saldaña, J. (2016). The coding manual for qualitative researchers (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 1, “An Introduction to Codes and Coding” (pp. 1–42) (previously read in Week 5)
- Chapter 2, “Writing Analytic Memos About Narrative and Visual Data” (pp. 43–65) (previously read in Week 5)