1)“Financial Markets” Please respond to the following:
- Evaluate the impact of global financial markets on U.S. financial market performance over the past three years and suggest which foreign market has had the most significant impact. Provide support for your conclusion.
- Imagine one large global financial market. Describe how it would function and the affect it would have on the global economy.
2)“Interest Rates” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, speculate the affect a long-term low interest will have on retailers, small businesses, or manufacturers (choose one).
- From the second e-Activity, determine how the very large U.S. national debt could affect interest rates over the next five years and the impact on market stability within the U.S.
Week 1 e-Activities
- Go to the MSNBC Website to read the news transcript titled “Fed says it will hold rates fast until mid-2013,” dated August 9, 2011, located athttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44064023/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/t/fed-says-it-will-hold-rates-fast-until-mid-/#.T1jUNHkmx8E. Be prepared to discuss.
- Go to the USDebtClock.org Website to review the current U.S. national debt, located at http://USdebtclock.org. Be prepared to discuss.