How can HR staff work with organizational managers to create an effective incentive and motivation plan to make employees more effective and efficient?
Use the Argosy University online library and your textbooks to read about HR incentives. Based on your assigned readings for this module, consider the relationship between employee compensation packages and productivity in your current or previous organization.
Next, respond to the following:
- What compensation and benefits have been used as incentives for employee productivity and motivation? Provide specific details and show the link between the compensation or benefit and the increased productivity or motivation with facts and figures (without violating any confidentiality rules).
- Evaluate how effective the compensation and benefits were at motivating employees and increasing productivity.
Beginning Saturday, November 14, 2015, post your responses to the appropriateDiscussion Area. Contribute to our discussion of employee benefit packages and their relation with the increased productivity and motivation.
Through Wednesday, November 18, 2015, comment on at least two of your peers’ responses. Do the following when responding to your peers:
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Assignment ComponentsMax Points
Initial response was:
- Insightful, original, accurate, and timely.
- Substantive and demonstrated advanced understanding of concepts.
- Compiled/synthesized theories and concepts drawn from a variety of sources to support statements and conclusions.
Discussion Response and Participation:
- Responded to a minimum of two peers in a timely manner.
- Offered points of view supported by research.
- Asked challenging questions that promoted discussion.
- Drew relationships between one or more points in the discussion.
- Wrote in a clear, concise, formal, and organized manner.
- Responses were error free.
- Information from sources, where applicable, was paraphrased appropriately and accurately cited.
DM3-Assignment 1: Discussion—Implementing a Data Management System
With the implementation of business analytics, an organization will also need to implement a good information systems plan in order to collect, manage, and organize all of the data. Not only is an information system needed, but the data has to be organized in a structured way otherwise any queries will produce bad results. This could be catastrophic for an organization because managers would be making decisions based on bad data. To make sure that the query generates good reports, you need to think about how to best organize data for each of the markets you are exploring.
Using the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet, research ways of optimizing data organization.
Respond to the following:
- An organization does not have a good Management Information System (MIS) in place to help manage all of their data. What are some of the possible problems this could cause for decision makers?
- Assume you are going to conduct some research in the field of toy making. What are some of the items for which you would want to collect data? For example: market trends in toy making, latest sales nationwide, etc. How would these pieces of data help the company to determine what toy to release for the holiday market?
- With the implementation of an MIS for decision making, what would be some of the concerns related to ensuring that the organization can support the system? Would you control access to the system? Would there be someone to keep the data structures updated? Be sure to explain your ideas when answering these questions.
- Why would an organization want to create an implementation plan for the integration of a MIS? Is this something that needs to be well thought out and, if so, why?
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Saturday, November 21, 2015, post your response to the appropriateDiscussion Area. Through Wednesday, November 25, 2015, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Consider the following in your response:
- Provide a statement of clarification or a point of view with rationale.
- Challenge a point of discussion or draw a relationship between one or more points of the discussion.