The course materials present a number of criminological, sociological, and developmental theories that endeavor to explain delinquent behavior among juveniles. In this assignment, you will select a real-life, notorious crime committed by a juvenile. This may be a crime perpetrated by a juvenile many years ago, or a case that is still active and in current events. You will argue for one of the particular delinquency theories as the most appropriate explanation for the perpetrator’s actions.
The Topic I selected must follow is:
Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, the shooters in the 1999 Columbine High School massacre
The paper should include the following sections:
- 1. an introduction presenting an overview of the crime, including BRIEFLY the basic facts of what happened
- 2. an analysis in which you present how one particular criminological, sociological, or developmental theory best explains the perpetrator’s actions, and why
- 3. A discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of that particular theory—how it is that the theory may fall short in explaining certain aspects of the crime. In light of this, discuss what other theory or combination of theories may better account for those particular aspects of the crime
- 4. concluding thoughts summarizing your research and analysis
- 5. All outside sources must adhere to APA citation format for both narrative/content citations and bibliography page.
- Paper should be a minimum of three-to-five FULL narrative pages.
- Double space
- Use APA citations for all sources
- Include APA reference page (not included in word count)