In order to provide a convenient self-service solution for students to access personal and course-related material, Stayer University would like develop a mobile Web application that runs on an iPhone, iPad, Droid, Blackberry, and other mobile devices. Students are currently able to use the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and other desktop browsers to perform self-service tasks. The university has asked you to provide a Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) guide that will help with the design and implementation of this service.
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page term paper that can help the university achieve its objective. The paper must address the following topics:
- Describe the following:
- The purpose and goals of the mobile self-service.
- The target audience.
- The audience needs and wants.
- The resources that will be required to achieve the desired output.
- Describe each of the following.
- The design of the Website for mobile devices.
- The interfaces that are applicable to the mobile devices.
- Design each of the following using Microsoft Vision or any open source wire framing or mockup tool.Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- The http://icampus.strayer.edu home page for a mobile device.
- The self-service Web page to enroll in your courses using mobile device.
- Write a proposal to the University including the following:
- The prototypes that could be created.
- The type of usability testing to use in determining the design that will provide the best user experience.
- The type of evaluation methods to use in determining the design that will provide the best user experience.
- Provide details of how the mobile self-service will be implemented on the various mobile devices.Note: Keep in mind that the university already provides a self-service Website for non-mobile students.
Maintenance and Growth
- Elaborate on the guidelines for how the self-service Website can be kept current as newer mobile devices are being introduced at a rapid rate.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.